Glossop Singing Studio provides singing lessons for all, from nervous beginners to seasoned pros – and everyone in between! At Glossop Singing Studio you can:
- Discover your singing voice and/or improve your technique
- Sing for fun – enjoy some vocal therapy for the soul; there’s nothing like a good sing!
- Obtain qualifications – ABRSM, LCM (Music Theatre), Trinity and Rockschool (Pop) syllabuses taught
- Prepare for competitions such as X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent – so you can show Simon Cowell that you really do have the X Factor or the Hoff that you really do have talent (…or check whether you do before potential national humiliation!)
- Prepare for entrance auditions:
– Music conservatoires (RNCM, RCM, RAM, GSMD, Birmingham Conservatoire, RCS, RWCMD, Trinity)
– Drama school, musical theatre and performing arts courses (RADA, LAMDA, Italia Conti, Mountview, Central School of Speech & Drama, Manchester School of Theatre, LIPA, Masters, Rose Bruford College, Bristol Old Vic, Guildford, GSMD, RWCMD, etc.)
- Prepare for performances – including school concerts, choral society concerts, amateur dramatic/operatic society shows, etc.
- Find out if you really are ‘Tone Deaf’ – many people are told they are, yet this is rarely the case. Don’t carry that feeling of failure and disappointment. Get help with training your ear and working on intonation, and find your voice with the right teaching. With her simple, structured, patient approach, Claire has not had a failure yet!
- Prepare to sing at a function or event – for example a wedding, open mic night, family celebration, etc.
- Receive GCSE and A-Level Music and Drama performance coaching
- Work on specific performance issues – support, breathing, stamina, hitting those high (or low!) notes, building confidence, managing anxiety, overcoming nerves
- Receive vocal coaching for public speaking – for example presentations, business pitches, wedding speeches, etc.
- Prepare a role or learn a specific song
- Work on songs/arias in foreign languages, to ensure the correct pronunciation
- Receive coaching for recordings – both in preparation and on the day
- Get coaching for your choir or choral section